Email
Submitted on: 3/22/2019 8:23:26 PM
By: Dave Bowlin 
Level: Beginner
User Rating: By 1 Users
Compatibility: C#
Views: 734
author picture

Shows how to connect to a web-based / external MySQL database with C#. Add, update, delete records, etc.

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 60 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Beginner category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

3/22/2019 10:43:42 PMTrent Jackson

I find SQL difficult. I passed Java programming at University level with flying colours, in fact I scored an HD (high distinction) BUT I failed database programming in SQL. Any advice to help me?
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

3/22/2019 10:58:05 PMTrent Jackson

Mate I will pay you to write an awesome tutorial on SQL if you are interested. I think that PSC needs to start paying coders for their efforts.

3/22/2019 11:17:31 PMTrent Jackson

I actually have only 1/3 of an science degree in information technology. I completed and passed 8 units out of 24. So that is one third. But that was years ago and now I am all out of date and obsolete. Thinking about doing an tutorial on 2D game programming in .NET using GDI+ I am good at that! Wish I was just a lot smarter though, then I would have been able to finish my studies completing all 24 units. Qualifications make a person feel good about themselves. Happy people are good people. Like I said I will pay you to do an tutorial on SQL. I will go without cigarettes for a week in order to pay you mate.

3/22/2019 11:23:40 PMDave Bowlin

Hi, and thanks for the comments. I don't know how helpful I could be on an SQL tutorial, but I am more than willing to work with you and show you what I know. Did you have any specific project in mind? Sounds like fun.

3/23/2019 12:07:28 AMTrent Jackson

I would like to offer you AUD 25 to write an comprehensive and professional tutorial on SQL to the best of your abilities. The syntax; explanations, definitions and usage. Do your best that is all that I ask. Specific projects will spring to mind as I learn SQL. However I do already have one thought, and that is would it be possible to have an GUI that interfaces / connects to an server and allows the user to experiment with the SQL commands? This is not exactly an original idea admittedly though, it has been done before, still current in the Universities in Australia, and they offer its usage to students (you're probably already aware of this though at an educated assumption you look all there and smart) -- I just figure that it would be nice to have something ground up from scratch done in C# right here on PSC. I love Planet Source Code.

3/23/2019 12:17:48 AMTrent Jackson

Actually you know I think I would prefer to see a fully self-contained C# project that allows the user to experiment with SQL commands. Just using an local database on the users computer. No Internet connection.

3/23/2019 12:33:53 AMTrent Jackson

Have a think about what you want to do anyway. Personally I am about to put pen to paper writing an tutorial on making 2D games in Visual Studio 2019 (released on April 2nd) I want to document my understanding, and encourage other people to do the same. I fully expect that the experts will offer me some advice too. At least I hope that they do. I am not an expert.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.