Repeating Circular Graphics: Over and Over

Email
Submitted on: 12/7/2019 12:52:33 PM
By: Eddie Bole 
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 1 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 1845

A recursive Circular pattern creator that can make flower like graphics. I hope you like this one. Play around with different complementary colours, colour fills and no fills and see what designs you can come up with. Forgot to mention that you can resize the picture box by dragging the lower right corner dot and then double click on the form to get the resized graphics. When selecting colours, one can left or right mouse click on the colour palette to select the desired colour. Also going up a level tends to slow down the graphics, due to the recursive nature of the operation. I thought of adding multi threading to speed this up. When selecting the number of circles, its actually twice the number value in the textbox. I thought of perhaps using GDI anti aliasing for the circles, adding a radial gradient fill and some transparency for the fills, a transparent background (possibly using a saved Png file format) and adding a repeating graphics function to duplicate the design many times over (sort of like for a web page background). Lastly I also thought of adding a saved design feature like used in my gradient sampler program to store and keep track of the designs. If you think of any other features let me know. Too many ideas, but not enough time to implement them (I'm working on a few other things at the moment but stayed up late to finish the basic design of this program). Play around with the program, make your own modifications and perhaps upload your version. It's really good to see that more people have been uploading their code. Take care all. Be happy and stay safe. At this time of the year there are too many crazy drivers on the road (a young mother was recently killed after a driver was texting while driving here in Melbourne - this was really sad and very disappointing).

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 165 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.