Email
Submitted on: 9/17/2018 9:05:14 PM
By: ICE 
Level: Beginner
User Rating: Unrated
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 764
author picture

This should help people take screenshots of stuff before they upload or post them so they can put a screen shot of their uploads so others can see what it is that you're posting,,, I lost the original VB6 components to the original when my PC crashed, I did find a copy of a working exe that I used as a template and a guide to making an designing a new remake, I think I got the I-Face as close to the original one, an I really hope I got the code as close as possible to the original, I know there are a few lines of the code that were acting up so I put a ( ' ) in front of those lines so VB6 wouldn't read them as code or anything,,, I know there are a few bonuses contained within the zipped file that I'm sure some will like,,, I hope you like an enjoy this package, I am still working on other codes an progys, a few that I only have a copy of a working exe,,, I'm not sure if my decompiler will be able to pull the codes from the exe, it does some but not all it seems, years ago it grabbed every code I put in front of it, I hope it don't take me weeks to solve that 1 problem with that 1 program,,, its just a simple math problem it is contained within the zipped file too

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 34 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Beginner category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

9/19/2018 2:51:59 AMRob C

When I try to run it I get an error on the .Filter line
Private Sub mnuOpen_Click()
'--- This is where we choose a Image that is
'--- already on the Disk so that is can be save
'--- by the User
'--- Set the Filters
With CD1
.Filter = "GIF Files (*.gif)|*.gif|JPEG Files" & _
"(*.jpg)|*.jpg|Bitmap Files (*.bmp)|*.bmp"
'--- Specify default filter

I guess it is a problem with the version of the Common Dialog ?
I go out of my way to avoid dependencies, ESPECIALLY the ones from MS
Any chance you could get rid of that dependency in your project ?
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

9/19/2018 8:03:32 AMICE

It may be a ComDialog problem that you're having , as for doing it with out a ComDialog I don't know of any other way. I am running Windows 7, an that section you're getting the error is where its looks on the hard drive for pictures, Sometimes when I get errors I just skip the line an go on but com back to it in time, just like the error I kept getting in my Penny Pincher, I had to add a pile of extra textboxes to get around a simple math glitch..

9/20/2018 6:55:30 AMRob C

Here is a link to a PSC project that avoids the common Dialog dependency -
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=75273&lngWId=1< /span>

9/21/2018 3:37:17 AMJohn Bowles

its not a common dialog problem. the problem lies with the filter its as simple as change the semi colons to either colons or pipe symbols. example if your running windows 98 use pipe symbols in the filter they look like this | on my keyboard its above the backslash so hold the shift key and voila! if your running win 10 such as I am you would want them to be semi colons as such ; located to the right of the L on my keyboard. hope this helps

9/21/2018 8:52:02 AMICE

I know what a | pipe is an how to type it, I was trying to9 use it in the save function as I personally can not stand saving a file that is so big that I have to open it with my ASeeDC just to save it as a smaller jpg but it refused to let me add any other file formats to save it as

9/21/2018 7:20:08 PMJohn Bowles

I apologize I have no idea what you know and what you don't I was merely trying to help . I have several progs here and was getting the same complaint and ran into one person told them the same thing and they acted like either they didn't know or didn't understand. its a simple fix that a friend and I discovered when filtering images on different os's. I was not trying to offend you

9/21/2018 8:41:28 PMICE

no offense lol,,, there is so much to learn in VB6 its continuous learning an things sometime slip ones mind, I've at times forgot simple things in VB6 that is why I will always say I'm a beginner as I'm always learning an relearning stuff even after nearly 20 years

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.