Email
Submitted on: 9/12/2018 6:10:52 PM
By: ICE 
Level: Beginner
User Rating: By 1 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 390
author picture

This is simply a Estimator for getting a rough idea what a morgage would cost you if you had one or were going to try to get one, There is a section in this that is for those whom like to use Excel as this can be done in/with or on a Excel worksheet/form. I hope it helps some learn a bit about banking/morgages and the way the math works out... In my own personal opinion I think the way that Excel and online sources make it to hard or complicated an add extra mathematical stuff an numbers then what is even needed I find my mathematical route is pretty dang close an has less steps then what most others have,,,, NOTE: I have1 label & 1 textbox that have their properties for visible set to false that should remain hidden an unseen, The reason I hid them was cause VB6 was giving me hassles trying to add a percentage of a number. So to make it easier an faster I used the hidden label an the hidden textbox to get around that glitch faster lol........

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 34 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Beginner category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

9/14/2018 5:44:42 PMPaul Bahlawan

You didn't even try to use the mortgage formula. Your output is incorrect.
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

9/15/2018 2:43:38 AMICE

Hummmm I could have sworn that I said it was a "ESTIMATED" or a "SIMULATED" "MOCK-UP",,,, That's right,,,, I DID SAY THAT...

9/15/2018 12:05:23 PMPaul Bahlawan

Yes you did. But the formula is simple, you could just stick it there and have a real mortgage calculator. Just sayin. When I post my own code, it's usually a complete app.

9/15/2018 2:17:39 PMICE

LOL When you post it's usually a working app LOL. When I post I ALWAYS include a working .exe... All mortgage's have different rates (interests) as not all banks are the same they all have their own gimmicks to bate people to try an get business and again it's only a ESTIMATER....

9/15/2018 2:48:30 PMPaul Bahlawan

I'm not trying to be fighty, ICE. Perhaps you would like see some of my code to see what I mean by "complete" just search PSC for my name. Happy coding.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.