Email
Submitted on: 8/28/2018 9:53:15 AM
By: ICE 
Level: Beginner
User Rating: Unrated
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 1507
author picture

Here in Ontario Canada everyone who gets a hydro bill knows that they are getting ripped off royally & have been getting that treatment for a long time now, I put this together to help people get a rough idea / estimate on how much anything that they have that uses electricity costs them when being used, Anything from light bulbs to microwaves, Crock-pots to hair driers, toasters to clocks, TVs to stereos, Anything that uses electricity,,, I set it up basically to calculate one thing at a time, But you could add up the watts from several things at once, but where they all used for the same exact time, doubt that, well lamps an lights might be close,,, the will display how much a item would roughly cost per month & year, but that depends on if its being used on a regular bases, Plus it depends on the time its being used, Here in Ontario the hydro companies have 3 different rates Off Peek is the lowest one, mid-off peek & Peek the cash grabbing rate. And they have Summer rates and Winter rates,,, But the have it set up so peek hits in summer when its so hot people turn on their AC an in the winter when you need the electric heat,, plus you have to cook or wait till the rate drops lol,,, The rate of cost an times chart is in the too... I hope you like this one.. if you rate it be nice

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 34 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Beginner category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

8/28/2018 12:11:21 PMPaul Bahlawan

Good idea ICE, but why not just calc and display all 3 at once. Also, 11.3 cents <> 0.113 cents and its kilowatt not killa-watt.
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

8/28/2018 2:40:40 PM~The~ICE~Man~

LOL I know its kilowatts LOL,A few of my old friends liked it, some made changes to help lower their hydro bill, I'm OK with coding buttons individually, It shows the 3 different rates, I could've put 3 OptionButtons to 1 TextBox, I almost put a ListBox in so there could be a list of things running on electricity...
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.