Important alert: (current site time 7/30/2014 6:49:22 AM EDT)

winzip icon

[A virtual synth :: RDX AUDIO VECTOR ]

Email
Submitted on: 9/15/2004 5:06:25 PM
By: anotherRDX 
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 28 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 23174
(About the author)

This is a virtual synthetizer. Use DirectX 8 visual basic type library. Sorry for my horrible english, i'm french. Need to have some experience in software synthesis. If not, Open a patch, for example : patch\adagio for string 3 [] trancepatch.px0 and a sequence, for example sequence\adagio for strings - bass up.px1 click on the play button. If you hear gliches, go to file>preferences and increase the latency value.

Windows API/Global Declarations:

Can't Copy and Paste this?
Click here for a copy-and-paste friendly version of this code!
'**************************************
'Windows API/Global Declarations for :[A virtual synth :: RDX AUDIO VECTOR ]
'**************************************
DirectX 8 for vb type library.
Preset load : automation error fixed!
Enhanced wave tables.
Sound device selection added.
Enhanced time management by DJ-Wincha
Multilingual support ! (French-spanish-english)
Enhanced GUI
Noise problem fixed by DJ-Wincha
winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this code, you agree to the following terms...   
  1. You may use this code in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.
  2. You MAY NOT redistribute this code (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
  3. You may link to this code from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
  4. You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the code or code's description.

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Advanced category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

9/15/2004 5:40:06 PMirish_bloke

thats superb, looks great and sounds great. 5/5
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

9/15/2004 5:44:43 PM

This is without question one of the best submission's on pscode.

Simply awsome peice of work here! Would love to see someone develop a small multitrack midi sequencer with midi capabilities.

Consider optimizing the drawing routines to use DIB's for speed!

9/15/2004 6:21:18 PMLight Templer

Simply great!

Thx for sharing this and plz go on and take it from beta to final V1, V2, Vx ... ;) - you will always get my ***** for it. Its really good fun to try out all this possible settings and effects.
For the ADSR maybe a small visualisation would be nice.
btw: Switching to another Preset when playing still leads to an automation error.

Imho this will be number one this month.

Regards to France
LiTe

9/15/2004 11:43:29 PMJason Brimblecombe

Nice work! 5 globes from me also, sure to be up in the top 10 ;)

9/16/2004 1:45:51 AMChris Dwinell

I'm very impressed. This is one of the most simplistic yet very professional synthesizers I've worked with. This one just adds to my collection and may just become my primary synth for my music. Keep up the incredible work! 5 from me

9/16/2004 3:34:18 AM

Very Very nice Piece of Code

9/16/2004 9:10:19 AMRciX

Just by looking at the design it looks great, 5 globes for that, and even after download and browsing the code... another 100000 globes, hope u make it to the contest ^^

9/16/2004 10:08:26 AM

RciX>
Thanks for the 100000 globes :)

I don't think i will put that program to the contest, i code just because i have nothing else to do for the moment, it's just a hobby. Moreover, i've seen the fares, and it's rather reserved for professional coders.

9/16/2004 1:24:28 PMRobert Rayment

Manu: 'Curiouser and curiouser' said Alice. Trying some other patches and sequences it now is WORKING:) I have no idea why it didn't before - the only thing is that the volume control is only really noticeable near the top of it's range. But great *****

9/16/2004 7:42:01 PMWilksey!

I have never been a fan of onboard sound processors, they have always been too quiet for my liking, I know they have been improved a lot, but I use a SB Live (I have onboard sound but disabled) The volume slider works like a charm on my machine (XP SP2 DX9).
Maybe its got something to do with the wave device its using? I dont know which one this is using, but I always use Direct Sound which is device ID 2 or 3 on my machine, rather than wavemapper.
May sound silly I know, but also check the WAVE slider is up as well as the Master Volume in the tray icon.

hmm, other than that, STAY OUT OF THE MILITARY! and continue making syntesizers! u could be the next propellerhead or steinberg! lol.

You know what would make this truly more awesome than it already is (did that sentense make sense?) a drum machine!

Great work!!
I got ur email btw rcx.

Thanks

Wilks

9/16/2004 8:05:26 PMChris Dwinell

To Author...feel free to use my code if it helps any =) I never got into sound generation from DX8, just playing mp3's and wav's. You succeeded where I didn't even try! Keep up the good work! I expect to see much come from this piece of work! =)

9/17/2004 3:16:06 PMChris Dwinell

If you'd like, I have already ported my DX8 gaming engine to C++ which also includes DS and I can send the source to you. Let me know if you're interested...

9/17/2004 4:40:45 PManotherRDX

Why not ?
But my problem is not directx, this is c++ langage (i've made several sources in c++ in 16bits, but i don't even know how to display a window in 32bits)

radiocontrol@voila.fr

9/17/2004 4:47:18 PManotherRDX

BTW If someone knows how to apply a directsound fx on a dsb (by modifying directly the buffer's raw datas), exportation function would be a child's play.

9/17/2004 7:11:45 PMChris Dwinell

Well, with your permission I'll port your program into C++ for you and send you the source. =) Just give me a little credit once it's done. =)

9/18/2004 4:39:23 AManotherRDX

It's ok, if you need some other graphics or anything else, you know my e.mail...

Good luck!

9/20/2004 10:53:17 PM

Hello!! I'm Updated the code, the program don't use CPU,run more faster and better :P,sorry for my bad english I'm spanish =).E-mail me for the updated code :P

9/21/2004 4:42:14 AMtibisan

his update is here:
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=56276&lngWI d=1

9/21/2004 4:43:58 AMtibisan

beats me what's updated... i can see a different caption on gui....

9/21/2004 9:44:07 AManotherRDX

He just paste the render loop into a timer (result is a few better on sound, but with latency > 20ms, and if you switch to an other app, it will take less time, because, in my program, render engine is always calculating.)

But it's better, so he got his name on the credit page.

11/16/2004 11:15:03 PMDj-Wincha

I'm fixed the noise sound at start,you receive a e-mail with the code,see the code please,and share in this web!
(Sorry for my bad english :P)
thx for share it! :D

1/9/2005 8:49:25 PMDa Jedaz

I absolutly love the look of this 5 globes from me

1/21/2005 3:00:17 AMMorphus

Best source of genre, 5 globes!!!
But, dont save "example" wave file...
thx 4 share!
cya

2/21/2005 7:24:01 AM

Soundprocessing, Sequencer - everything sounds and looks great! 5 Globes from me. Respect!

3/9/2005 10:32:05 AMHappy Lobster

5 globes from me too, this is an excellent piece of work. Cool user interface and sounds pretty amazing for a VB6 app! I didn't know things like this were possible. Professional look and feel.

5/15/2005 11:45:12 PM

Could'nt get it to work yet... but i'll mess around with it for a bit... I dont have my (good) sound card hooked up. But it looks great... i hope it sounds the same ;)

5/8/2006 9:17:07 AMFiredddragon

Wow - this is great! Nice GUI too.
5 globes from me
Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing.

6/12/2006 4:04:29 AMsaypen

Absolutely spectacular, have you won yet? 5 globes from me to.

9/9/2006 7:51:14 AMChristopher Rouse

grand c'est l'un des meilleurs programmes que j'ai jamais vus sur PSP

9/22/2008 9:46:56 AMglenn

I love this site

5/2/2014 5:21:28 PMCaptain Picard

briliant stuff !

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.