Important alert: (current site time 7/2/2015 12:54:44 AM EDT)
Planet source code is coming back! Due to a technician error, planet source code files and database (along with backups) were lost. Originally, I thought the site would have to shut down. However, the database has been re-engineered and the source code from the planet source code CD, is in the process of being uploaded to the site. Please give me a few more days and things should be back to normal. For now, you can view text code, but not zip files or screenshots. Thanks so much for all your kind emails and support! Ian Ippolito: creator of planet source code 

winzip icon

[A virtual synth :: RDX AUDIO VECTOR ]

Email
Submitted on: 1/1/2015
By: anotherRDX  
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 27 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 2

This is a virtual synthetizer. Use DirectX 8 visual basic type library. Sorry for my horrible english, i'm french. Need to have some experience in software synthesis. If not, Open a patch, for example : patch\adagio for string 3 [] trancepatch.px0 and a sequence, for example sequence\adagio for strings - bass up.px1 click on the play button. If you hear gliches, go to file>preferences and increase the latency value.

Windows API/Global Declarations:

Can't Copy and Paste this?
Click here for a copy-and-paste friendly version of this code!
'**************************************
'Windows API/Global Declarations for :[A virtual synth :: RDX AUDIO VECTOR ]
'**************************************
DirectX 8 for vb type library.
Preset load : automation error fixed!
Enhanced wave tables.
Sound device selection added.
Enhanced time management by DJ-Wincha
Multilingual support ! (French-spanish-english)
Enhanced GUI
Noise problem fixed by DJ-Wincha
winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Advanced category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

There are no comments on this submission.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.