Important alert: (current site time 9/17/2014 11:15:51 PM EDT)

winzip icon

A Basic Calculator Using Swing - Part II

Email
Submitted on: 1/2/2013 2:29:57 PM
By: Ronald Holland  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 5 Users
Compatibility: Java (JDK 1.2), Java (JDK 1.3), Java (JDK 1.4)
Views: 41740
(About the author)

Documentation Updated 12/18/12. Updated 03/14/09 to fix a bug with the Pow calculation. This update allows for a more transparent use of chained operations. This is a very nice calculator. This code allows the user to enter multiple operations before hitting the =s button. A basic Calculator using Swing II example has a tutorial and the src is included.

HTML:

Can't Copy and Paste this?
Click here for a copy-and-paste friendly version of this code!
//**************************************
//HTML for :A Basic Calculator Using Swing - Part II
//**************************************
help_doc.html
winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this code, you agree to the following terms...   
  1. You may use this code in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.
  2. You MAY NOT redistribute this code (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
  3. You may link to this code from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
  4. You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the code or code's description.

Other 24 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

8/29/2003 1:22:33 PM

seems to be good if not best
All the best for you future endeavour
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

8/29/2003 6:23:15 PMRonald Holland

Thanx for the feedback. I hope the code is useful.

1/14/2005 4:25:19 AM

Can I ask for the code of the calculator? I have difficulty downloading it here. Please send to von_vladimir2004@yahoo.com. Please, I think I need very much at work.

1/11/2006 12:14:39 AMAdi Winoto

I need this design for evaluating my Java Calculator design.

Thanks and best regards,

9/13/2007 6:49:18 AMjumazya

thank

9/14/2007 12:44:33 PMRonald Holland

I hope the code was helpful/useful. What other type of exaamples would you find helpful?

9/14/2009 2:08:54 AMfelix

thanks for your coding.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.